A Disciple’s Path
Deepening Your Relationship With Christ and the Church
Join Rev. Greg Foust, Minister of Discipleship, for a seven-part series, beginning on Sunday, March 25 at 9:45 AM. This experience will help you to take the next step in following Jesus Christ. A Disciple’s Path will examine frequently asked questions about what United Methodists believe and how United Methodists are unique in how they live out their Christian faith.
We will explore the Wesleyan understanding of growth in God’s love and grace with the time –tested practices as expressed in the vows of membership – prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. This experience involves a devotional book with scriptures and reflections, DVD presentations, discussion and prayer. In just a few weeks you will get to know others and will be encouraged in your walk.
- Introduction – March 25
- NO CLASS on Easter Sunday, April 1
- A Disciple’s Path Defined –April 8
- Prayers: Prayer and Scripture Meditation – April 15
- Presence: Corporate Worship and Class / Group Community – April 22
- Gifts: Financial Generosity – April 29
- Service: Spiritual Gifts and Gifts-based Service – May 6
- Witness : Invitational Evangelism – May 13
Whether you are interested in church membership, a cradle Methodist, a long-time Asbury member, or just interested in knowing more, this series is for YOU!
Membership Sunday will be on May 20, Pentecost Sunday.