A Disciple’s Path
Deepening Your Relationship With Christ and the Church
Join Rev. Greg Foust, Minister of Discipleship, for a seven-part series, beginning on Sunday, August 20th at 9:45 AM in the Parlor (Room 211 next to the Sanctuary). This experience guides individuals to take the next step in following Jesus Christ. A Disciple’s Path will examine frequently asked questions about what United Methodists believe and how United Methodists are unique in how they live out their Christian faith.
This series will explore Wesleyan understanding of our growth in God’s love and grace with the time –tested practices or spiritual disciplines as expressed in the vows of membership when we promise to participate in the ministries of the church by our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. This experience involves a devotional book with scriptures and reflections, DVD presentations, discussion and prayer.
- Introduction – August 20
- A Disciple’s Path Defined – August 27
- Prayers: Prayer and Scripture Meditation – September 3
- Presence: Corporate Worship and Class or Group Community – September 10
- Gifts: Financial Generosity – September 17
- Service: Spiritual Gifts and Gifts-based Service – September 24
- Witness : Invitational Evangelism – October 1
Whether you are interested in church membership, a cradle Methodist, a long-time Asbury member, or just interested in knowing more, this series is for YOU!
Registration is available at the Information Desk or register online here.
The next Membership Sunday will in May 21, 2017.