Caring for Aging Parents or Friends Support Group. This new support group will be facilitated by Rea Oliver who has been a member at Asbury for 15 years. Rea has over 30 years experience as a healthcare executive and the past 15 years exclusively with the geriatric population. There will be two class options for this Support Group. These class options will begin with six sessions to set the tone and basis for the support group:
- First Option will begin Sunday evening, February 15th 6:30 – 7:30 PM in Room 106
- Second Option will be part of “The Journey” – Spring session with an Assembly on March 8 at 9:45 in the Christian Life Center and class beginning on Sunday, March 15 at 9:45 AM.
For more information about the six topics and the direction of this Support Group contact Rea at [hide_email email@example.com].
The first six topics are:
- Understanding preparing for the aging process in our elderly population
- General overview of community resources for the elderly to assist seniors & their families.
- Advance directives & other important legal issues in caring for the elderly
- Alzheimer’s, other cognitive impairments, dementia, depression, & delirium
- Medication management issues in the elderly
- The Sandwich Generation-Care Giving Squared
For support groups in the future the primary topic will be based on the unique needs of the participants-then general sharing & support.
Profile Information for Rea Oliver:
Member of Asbury for 15 years, over 30 years experience as a healthcare executive. Primary focus for the past 15 years was exclusively on geriatric population. Currently, he is the CEO for PPH Solutions. Mr. Oliver is passionate about improving the lives of seniors and their families. He currently sits on the Board of St. Martins in the Pines and has held board positions with a number of agencies who deliver care for seniors in Alabama.