Every year, Asbury UMC partners with Oak Mountain Missions and Shelby County Emergency to provide gifts to children for whom Christmas does not come.
This year, Asbury is sponsoring 70 children from 25 Shelby County families. Each angel that's adopted (from trees located outside Williams Chapel or the Sanctuary) represents one of six gifts we provide for the children. You can also adopt an angel online or make a donation and our team will do the shopping for you.
How to Adopt an Angel from the Tree:
- Take a red/green angel.
- Fill out the attached white angel and leave it in the box on the table.
- Purchase suggested gift items. DO NOT WRAP.
- Place unwrapped gifts in a shopping bag and securely attach the red or green angel to the outside.
- Return gifts by Tuesday, Nov. 24.
- Sundays: Drop off items under the Angel Tree
- Monday-Friday: Deliver items to the church office, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
You May Also Purchase a Food Gift Certificate for Families. Here's How:
- Write a check payable to Asbury UMC and note "Angel Tree Food Certificate" in the memo line.
- Return the check to the church office by Tuesday, Nov. 24.