Updated Saturday, May 30 2020:
The health and safety of our Asbury Family and the community continue to be of the utmost importance during this difficult and uncertain time. Out of an abundance of caution and following the recommendations of the CDC and Alabama Department of Public Heath, we have posted some of the cancellations and closure information for various ministries, events, and programming occurring at Asbury UMC. We will continue to update this page frequently as we have more information to share.
Asbury UMC Closure and Cancellation Information:
Worship Services (including Sunday School)
- All in-person worship services are canceled until further notice. As soon as we can safely worship together again, we will alert you. Until that time, we invite you to join us online each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. by visiting asburyonline.org.
- Our staff cares deeply for the Asbury Family and is working to ensure you and your family feel supported and connected during this time. The church office and building remain closed at this time. Our staff is working remotely and are available to assist you in any way we can. For a complete staff listing, please visit our staff directory page.
CASA Day School
- Summer Fun Registration (July and August) is open. Classes begin Tuesday, July 7. For more information or to register, visit http://www.casaatasbury.com/.
- Anchor – Canceled
- Drive-Thru Food Pantry – Currently closed but reopening Wednesday, June 17 at 2:00 p.m. Email us for food assistance.
- Committee/Leadership Meetings – Occurring Remotely – contact your committee chairperson for more information
If you need assistance during this time, please let us know by completing this form.
- Conservatory of Performing Arts – Canceled
- Musical Theater Camp – Canceled
Our programs and activities may look a bit different right now, but are continuing in wonderful and exciting ways! For more information on how to stay engaged with the Asbury Family, visit https://asburyonline.org/stayconnected/ or contact one of the following staff members who would be happy to help you get engaged!
- Adult Ministry/Small Groups/Bible Studies – Robyn White
- Children’s Ministry – Angie Gongwer
- Family Ministry – Robert Mercer
- Student Ministry – Caitlin Eiland
- Preschool/CASA – Carolyn Ealy
- Recreation Summer Camps – Canceled
- Soccer Spring League – Canceled
We as a community of faith have the important job of caring for one another when things are difficult. While we may not be physically together right now, we will continue to be the church God has called us to be. We know each family has unique needs during this time and we are here to help. Click here to let us know how we can help serve your family or others you may know about during this time. Click here if you are able to help those in our community by delivering groceries/medication, offering childcare, or providing prayer.
We encourage you to continue to be in prayer for those affected by this illness and those treating them, for those in the community impacted by closures and reduced services, and the broader community as we face new challenges and situations each day. We also encourage you to continue supporting Asbury’s missions and ministries during this time by giving online at asburyonline.org/give, mailing in your tithes and offerings.