We’re excited to welcome you back for in-person worship on Sunday mornings!
For those who feel comfortable and choose to gather in person during this time, please know your safety is very important to us. We have implemented a number of measures to help you safely and confidently return to worship. We will also need your help to allow everyone in attendance to be more comfortable and more safe.
Please familiarize yourself with the information below.
What We Are Doing
- Additional Cleaning: Cleaning and sanitizing measures will be performed before and after each service.
- HVAC Upgrades: We’ve upgraded our HVAC systems to include air purifying devices that reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke, and odors in the air, creating a healthier and safer environment for all attending worship.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: Additional hand sanitizer stations will be available at entrances and throughout the building.
- Screening Volunteers: All staff and volunteers will be pre-screened for any COVID-related symptoms before each service.
- Hands-free Experience: All doors will be open for you whenever possible. We will not be passing offering plates, but stations will be set up at the entrance to the sanctuary for you to drop off your tithes and offerings. We will not be passing out bulletins or other handouts.
- Seat Spacing: We have reduced our seating capacity and will be blocking off pews to enable households to sit at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Nursery and Children’s Church: Nursery and Children’s Church will not be offered at this time. Children will stay with their household and worship together.
- Coffee, Donuts, Water Fountains: No food or drinks will be served at this time or allowed inside the building. Water fountains have been turned off at this time.
What We Are Asking You to Do
- Personal Health Considerations: If you are sick, exhibiting symptoms, or have had close contact with a person with or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home and worship with us online. If you have recently been tested for COVID-19 but have not yet received your results or received a positive result, please do not attend in person worship.
- Keep Your Distance: We are asking each household to practice physical distancing and remain 6 feet from others whenever possible.
- Spread Out: Please leave 6 feet between your household and others who are not part of your family.
- Face Coverings and Masks: Everyone should bring and wear a face covering or mask while in the building. One will be provided if you do not bring your own. All persons must wear a mask at all times while inside Asbury UMC.
- At-Risk Groups: If you are in an at-risk group as defined by the CDC or have underlying medical conditions that would put you at higher risk, we recommend that you not attend in-person worship and instead join us by worshiping online.
How to Save Your Seat
You can save your seat for Sunday worship using the button below. A new window will open where you will reserve your seats and complete the sign-up process. Return to this page each Sunday at 12:30pm and you will be able to register for the following Sunday’s service.