We’re excited to welcome you back for in-person worship on Sunday mornings!
Asbury is currently in Phase 3 of its reopening plan and two worship services (Traditions at 11:00 a.m. and The Bridge at 11:00 a.m.) have resumed. Nursery care, Children’s and Youth Sunday School, and Children’s Church have also resumed a limited capacity.
For those who feel comfortable and choose to gather in person during this time, please know your safety is very important to us. We have implemented a number of measures to help keep you and your family safe and healthy.
**If you aren’t comfortable returning to in-person worship at this time, we understand and invite you to join us online each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. for Traditions Worship or Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. for The Bridge Worship. No matter how you worship, we are glad you are worshipping with Asbury United Methodist Church.**
What We Are Doing
- Additional Cleaning: Cleaning and sanitizing measures will be performed before and after each service.
- HVAC Upgrades: We’ve upgraded our HVAC systems to include air purifying devices that reduce pathogens, bacteria, viruses, allergens, particles, smoke, and odors in the air, creating a healthier and safer environment for all attending worship.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: Additional hand sanitizer stations will be available at entrances and throughout the building.
- Hands-free Experience: All doors will be open for you whenever possible. We will not be passing offering plates, but stations will be set up at the entrance to the sanctuary for you to drop off your tithes and offerings.
- Seat Spacing: We have reduced our seating capacity and will be blocking off pews to enable households to sit at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Nursery and Children’s Church: Nursery and Children’s Church will be offered in a limited capacity. Families should sign up using the Save My Seat form each week to reserve a place.
- Coffee, Donuts, Water Fountains: No food or drinks will be served at this time or allowed inside the building. Water fountains have been turned off at this time.
What We Are Asking You to Do
- Personal Health Considerations: If you are sick, exhibiting symptoms, or have had close contact with a person with or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home and worship with us online. If you have recently been tested for COVID-19 but have not yet received your results or received a positive result, please do not attend in person worship.
- Keep Your Distance: We are asking each household to practice physical distancing and remain 6 feet from others whenever possible.
- Face Coverings and Masks: Face coverings and masks are not currently required to attend worship at Asbury, but we highly encourage you to continue wearing facial coverings to protect others.
- At-Risk Groups: If you are in an at-risk group as defined by the CDC or have underlying medical conditions that would put you at higher risk, we recommend that you not attend in-person worship and instead join us by worshiping online.
How to Save Your Seat
You can save your seat for Sunday worship using the buttons below. A new window will open where you will reserve your seats and complete the sign-up process. You must save your seat each week!